 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 230
Re: Soccer Truck at TRU Saturday?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:52:27 GMT

Geoff and I went to see the truck on Friday. I took Geoff out of school a half-
hour early so that we could see the truck before it closed at 4pm.  It turns
out someone had realized the problem and the truck was open until 6pm.  We
both enjoyed the displays.  Did anyone else notice that the monkeys in the
town soccer display were escaping from the cage behind Miss Whatever-her-name-
was's School for Monkeys? And then making a bee-line to the game, trampling
anyone in their way? There were alot of little sight gags in that display.

Geoff loved the raptor head that came out of the crate (the button to activate
it said "WARNING- DO NOT PRESS", unlike the others that said "PRESS") and he
loved the Adventurers dinosaur display.  There was a T-Rex nest with babies
that some adventurers were trying to make off with.  If you pressed a button
the adult T-Rex came out of the woods. That display had pine-type trees using
the palm leaves as foliage.  It sounds odd but worked very nicely.

We also went to Hot Times in Old Town Saturday, and that guy with the big
model of the Titanic had a display there.  He had the Titanic and a pirate
ship, several houses modeled on actual ones in Columbus, the parthanon (or was
it the acropolis (I get those confused) and a big but plain church.  They were
all nicely done, with care taken with interior details. He was pleasant to
talk to.  He was camping out there to keep them from walking off in the night.

Carolyn