 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 228
Re: Soccer Truck at TRU Saturday?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 17:58:09 GMT

There's a Pooh and Mickey Mouse display;
  Including a Mickey Mouse sculpture about 3-4' tall.

several Star Wars displays,
  The minifig scale skiff and AT-ST are very nice.

including a life-size battle droid;
  This is one of the coolest LEGO items I've ever seen.  Very nice.

Race; explorers/dinosaurs;
  And a dinosaur head (Maybe T-Rex.  Nah, probably V-Raptor) that leans out of
a crate and growls.  It actually reminded me a lot of that Steg someone did
recently.

and one town-oriented scene devoted to soccer.  The last one is large and
rather amusing -- soccer balls (and monkeys) everywhere!
  Lots of neat details.  The National Bank of Soccer was cute.

On exit, pick up a souvenier LEGO Soccer Summer 2000 Duplo brick.
Outside, you can play LEGO soccer, pick up a poster, and pick up
Ortega seasoning packets.
  Also, sign up to win 4 tickets to the game tomorrow and grab an orange.

  Being there with Michael Huffman (Elements 2000 on BrickBay) a lot of the
unusual pieces were noted.  I remember: brown Duplo, tan SW jet engines, large
quantities of brown and foliage in the Endor scene and an incredible number of
trans-orange 1xN bricks as a lava flow in the Adventures scene.

        Later,
         Gino A...