 Local / United States / North Carolina / Raleigh / 295
Re: GATS Show in Raleigh/ June 23-24, 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:21:34 GMT

25x25 is a good size to ask for I've found, the NGLTC layout this year was
18'x18' with the KRR 6'x6' with a 20'x20' space we went over the allotted
area but it worked out fine. Next time I'll ask for more space.

The drag strip is about 15' long with two parallel tracks spaced 10 studs a
part. The length can be adjusted to fit the given area. In our layout we ran
it between the mainline and the secondary line, even over the water gap so
there were two bridges built for the Rail Racers also. It fit into the
layout pretty well and filled in some blank space we had.

The KRR is pretty flexible in how it's place in relation to the layout. Some
shows we've put it off by itself against a wall, and others we've backed it
right up against the layout. It just depends on what kind of spot they give
you at the show.

jt

--
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

I'll know better as the spring gets here if I'll be able to attend, I • really
want to make it up to the show. Like to take the Rail Racers on the road • and
get some new blood in on the fun. Also I could bring the Kids Railway we • use
for the NGLTC display if you guys don't have one of your own (and you'd • like
to have one at the show)

We've done 3 GAT shows here in Atlanta and had a blast at all of them, • so
if
you guys should defiantly go for it. Let me know if there is anything I • can
do to help.

jt
--

I'd love to have both ... how much space do you need for each of them
(assuming you can make it)?  I requested a 25'x25' space and planned on a

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot