 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 137
Re: GATS Show in Raleigh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:51:20 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Mike Walsh writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

One scheduled February 10 & 11, 2001 - Dixie Classic Fairgrounds - 421 • West 27
Street, Winston-Salem, NC  also.  Not suggesting exhibiting at this, just
thought it might be nice to visit to get and idea about how stuff is set • up.
Might spark some ideas? Might just be fun? Maybe everyone but me has been • to
one of these shows already and knows what to expect?

sheree

Until we have done one of these I am somewhat reluctant to commit to
something that is a fair distance away.  Your idea about visiting is a good
one though.

Yesterday I received the information package for exhibitor from GATS.  I
want to try and get it submitted pretty quickly so we need to make some
decisions on layout size.  For the purposes of discussions, I propose we
size a layout in terms of PNLTC modulues.  Since we are planning to build
some modules soon and I still believe PNLTC is the right way to go, once we
determine how many modules we want then we can convert that into an actual
layout size.

It is probably worth looking at some of the reports on shows from other
groups. I recently read the NALUG one, and it sounds like they felt they
had too small a space to be able to show very much (and of course you
noticed that with the New Hope Valley display). It would be nice to be
able to have at least two loops of track plus some sidings and a small
yard, and then space for some structures and scenery.

One thing to think about also, can we find any space for the club to
store some tables on a longterm basis. I could probably only store a
couple tables (they would get integrated into my work area probably),
and they wouldn't be easy to extract for show use. James may be in a
similar bind (I forget what you have done for digs Jamses).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com