 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 172
Re: GATS Show in Raleigh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:31:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Frank Filz writes:
<SNIP>
I don't like the GFLTC boxes either. If we need a shield along the
front, I think a Plexiglas shield screwed to the front of the layout
would be sufficient, and would not block sight too badly, and wouldn't
limit how the space is used (much). <more snipping>
Frank

Hey guys, just thought I'd share something we here at the NGLTC learned
about the plexiglas. We found that it's best not to screw the glass to the
layout, but rather clip it. We had the glass screwed on at a show and found
that people kept leaning on it or little ones would grab on and pull
themselves up for a better look. The bad part is that the glass could only
handle so much, then it would break. Now we use those big black binder clips
you get from any office supply store (or you company supply closet). These
work great, they're fast to set up, easy to adjust and under too much
presure they just pop off and can be easely replace.

Good luck with the show, I might have to make a road trip and come up and
check it out.

jt

------
James J. Trobaugh