 Local / United States / California / *1854 (-20)
  So is there any AFOLS living south of Legoland?

I see this group has had no real talk of anything other than Legoland and CB, I take it there is no Lego group for us San Diegans? It would be nice to not hace to drive *so* far to the LA group - but its not like thats in LA, hehe(ok, I am lazy, but (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Emeryville Toys 'R' Toxic

Last night before practice (mainly because we were an hour early) I stopped by the Toys R Us in Emeryville. (It's on Hollis, in the Ikea area, the shopping center portion closest to the freeway). They have a HUGE overstock of lego still. I was (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  New LUGNET member-looking for others

I can't believe there hasn't been a post to this group for three years. There must be some other LUGNET members on the Central Coast...so where are you? Matt Gerber (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.slo)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

"Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> writes: [snip excellent ASCII art & explanation] (...) I really like the idea of planning the table placement like that. I would like to add one suggestion though: use the tables as a physical barrier to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

(...) <snip> The call of the brick.... ;-) The suggestions made all sound good to me, as experience has dictated many of them. One thing that concerns me is if we use the partition segments supplied with the room, we can't see what's going on behind (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

I agree wholeheartedley with all these suggestions and think they form an excellent starting point to establish some structure in our future meetings. I think it's something we need to work on. I really like Paul's suggestion that we divide the room (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

As I remember, there were moveable doors that could be pulled out to separate Fukaya into 2 rooms. Maybe we could use those during the first half of the day to keep the public out, with a few people out watching the creations while the rest handled (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

(...) [...] I think this is a great suggestion. I also want to echo Mark's idea of sharing the supervision of the models so we don't all have to watch our own stuff all the time, once the public starts coming in. I'm a new member and the last (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Meeting Protocols?

Hi all, I pretty much agree with Zonker. The Argus postings have listed the hours as 1 to 4 pm. I brought the Duplo last time just so the smaller kids would have something to play with. I do think it was somewhat hidden though by the overabundance (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Old Cali memories

Hello, I remember when I used to live in SF, I got my first Lego set for my 8th birthday! (actually purchased from a store)My Dad took me to the Macy's in Union Square, I got a Classic Space set (Space Staion with Clear yellow 6x8 plates- forgot the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Meeting Protocols?

Far be it from me to dictate how the club should be run, since we don't even have formal club leadership. But I did want to share my observations about the recent meeting, as well as to restate some of the ideas that have been voiced over the past (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Some ideas for next time

Hi All, I'm guilty, we arrived late, at about 12 noon. I put up the pennants and pulled up the shades some time after we arrived after unloading as there did not appear to be much "club" business going on. Won't happen again. Mark (...) ---...--- (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Some ideas for next time

(...) The "LEGO" banners and window shades went up around noon, so there was some time before hand, but not enough. I agree that it would be a good idea to post a sign up that says what it is, so passers-by can know. How about something like this: (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Bad timing...

I feel like I will be a guest when I am finally able to make it to another BayLUG meeting. I had to go to work on Saturday, as my parents were out of town and it fell on me to cover the slack. I missed out on the 8 wide train cars? Man, bummer! Who (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Some ideas for next time

(...) I believe the doors were open because people were complaining about how hot and stuffy it was in the room. But I agree completely. We should not have any signs out or have the doors open until the members only portion is over. We shouldn't (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  looking for the following people

If you are one of the following people, please reply to me about your BayLUG memberships. The email addresses I have for you are invalid. Please reply to me by the end of the month or your memberships will be terminated. Chad Paulson, Belmont (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Upcoming Southern California LEGO Users Group Meeting - March 24th!

In seeing the subject line, I was just thinking that instead of LEGOLA, you could have been Southern California Association of LEGO Addicts.... :-) :-) :-) :-) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Some ideas for next time

I just wanted to say that I had a great time at the meet. It was great that Larry made it. Special thanks to Dan V. for the great sales and trade stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to project my movie with better results in the winter as it gets dark (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

I would actually agree with this suggestion. I would say that the drive time to Carlsbad from the Orange County airport is about 50 minutes, but not too much of that is apt to be high traffic. Only about the first 5 miles from the airport tend to (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: SD airport <-> Carlsbad driving time?

"mfuss903" <mfuss903@aol.com> wrote in message news:GB1qqL.IHw@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) airport (...) that (...) When I went to LEGOLAND we flew in and out of Orange County (John Wayne Airport). While a little farther than the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.legoland.california)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact