 Local / United Kingdom / 7591
Re: ROLL CALL - Professional model making at LLW for £69!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:03:13 GMT

ROLL CALL - Sunday 7 April
=========

Jon D Hayward
Michael LeCount
James Stacey

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

"Jon D Hayward" <JonDHayward@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
OK guys, who is up for:

  Sunday 7 April at 9:30am?!?

Sounds like the preferred option at the mo. Then we get all afternoon to • wander
around the park too :-) If we can come up with enough definite names, we • (i.e.
Linda) should be able to negotiate a discount. Even if we can't get a • discount,
at least we'll all be there to play together (no squabbling please). As • per
Tony's suggestion, let's aim to have a definitive list by Monday. We'll • then
place the booking immediately, but we'll need you all to refund us as soon • as
possible thereafter.

If it's not going to be "LEGO overkill", we could host a 'fest on the • Saturday
at our place (just off J4 M25) with stop-overs for any long distance • visitors
:-)

So, without further ado...

ROLL CALL
=========

Jon D Hayward

</ROLL CALL>

Just Jono .oO

"Tony Priestman" <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
Ok,

I would prefer April, with August being second. I won't be able to the
May date.

Can I suggest that we have a roll call & try to book it on Friday or
Monday?

If anyone can't make it, they can always book one of the other days :-)

Tony

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Jon D Hayward (<GpoFxG.95K@lugnet.com>) wrote at
15:20:42

Linda has been monitoring your posts ;-) Quote:

This is a trial package that Legoland have introduced, they're testing • the
water to see whether they get a decent response.  An idea for a day • like
this would normally be generated by the company itself* and then taken • to
Red Letter Days for promotion.  Its unlikely that RLD generated the • concept
themselves. Therefore there is a possibility that you could get Lego to • put
together a specific day.

If we're looking at a corporate rate we'll need to negotiate, they • don't
have a fixed discount rate - 20 bookings might generate 10%.*  If you • can
get an idea of numbers I'll happily go back with my negotiating hat on • if
you want.

The price includes a half day in the park as well, plus an additional • ticket
to visit at another time.

* Interpertations and guesstimates from Linda who is pretty good with • these
things ;-)

I would suggest that we've either gotta pick one of the dates offered • and
then go en masse through RLD, or decide on another date and try going
straight to LEGO. Perhaps the former is better, as there are less dates • for
us to disagree over, and LEGO might cosider it at least partially • successful
if they receive a booking this way...

Just Jono .oO (and Linda too) ;-)

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:GpoCz6.As@lugnet.com...

"Jon D Hayward" <JonDHayward@Yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message • news:GpoAzJ.H0w@lugnet.com...

The Red Letter Days experience is only running on certain days:

Sunday 7th April

Wednesday 1st May

Tuesday 6th August

For all three days you can either book for 9.30am - 1.30pm or • 2.00pm -
6.00pm.

Each session takes a maximum of 25 and they have complete • availability
for
each session at the moment. They have only just introduced it.

We can probably get a corporate rate if any of your weird friends • want
join you - but I would suggest getting dates together really fast • as
they
are probably going to book up very quickly.

What are the corporate rates then?
I think there about 7 or 8 positives so far.

What rate would they do for a party of 10? 20?

Also, can we do better by negotiating this direct with Lego?  Rather • than
going through RLD who must be adding their
percentage to the price.

Perhaps even better if we could get a party of 25 "weird friends" (or • anoraks as my wife calls us) then we could not
only take over the whole event but also perhaps persuade them they we • are
not just your normal Lego fans - but want to
see something a bit special from your model makers - e.g. like they • get
the designers to go to US lego events and talk
about new sets, etc.

BTW does the price include park admission.
I presume the idea is you have 1/2 day model making, 1/2 day playing • in
the park.

lawrence

--
Tony Priestman