 Local / United Kingdom / 7579
Re: Professional model making at LLW for £69!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:13:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Mark Morgan writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Bennett writes:

If I could have my dream I would want to submit a draft plan beforehand for
a miniland scale Newport Transporter Bridge,

This is too weird - I started to measure up this _exact_ same project on
saturday, and decided that at 40 1x16 technic beams long, even I haven't got
enough parts.

What's your interest in the bridge - purely technical, or closer ties?  I
was born and bred there, and missed the chance to do the annual new years
day walk over the top due to food poisoning! (honestly)

http://www.images-of-britain.freeserve.co.uk/wa/wa00001.htm

Wow!!! That has got to be the goofiest bridge I've ever seen.(1) Way cool. I
guess it was cheaper than building a lift bridge or a bridge that had long
approaches and crossed at the height of the conveyor platform upper carriage?

Thanks for sharing that. It WOULD be an amazing model.

1 - previous contenders were canal barge bridges built in the early 1800s
and the Millenium Bridge that rolls sideways. Both from the UK...
coincidence? I think not.

++Lar