 Local / Nippon / 70
Re: Fierce warrior names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.jp
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 01:43:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.jp, Todd Lehman writes:

I like it!  BTW, does the softer sound of "mu" (as opposed to more plosive
phonemes like ka or ga or zu) subtly imply that such a name might be somewhat
insidious? -- that is, such that an attacker might not learn Muteki's true
strength until it's too late?

That's an interesting observation.  I never thought the sound "mu" could make
the words sound less powerful or strong.  In the word "muteki", "mu" represents
"void" or "nothingness", and it's a strong word/morpheme.  But if this word
sounds unattractive to your ears, there are thousands of other Japanese words
to choose from!
So, you feel words with sounds such as "ka", "ga", and "zu" seem more suitable
for warrior names.  How do you like the word "zugaikotsu" which means "scull".
It contains almost all the sounds you may prefer!  But that would be a
ridiculous name.  Well, I guess by now you have more names than warriors?