 Local / European Union / 39
Re: Cross posting in eu (was: Aaargh!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:47:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.eu, Marco Berti writes:

I apologize for all the time I made you waste opening my message written in
Italian.
I can insure you such a big tragedy will never happen in future and I thank • you
a lot for having spent much more of your time to write your reply to me

Heh.

Marco

From Italy with fun: enjoy your life time is too precious to be thrown away

For what it's worth, it doesn't seem inappropriate to me
to crosspost a message in Italian to .eu.  Europe is a polyglot
of languages, and I wouldn't be surprised to see posts in .eu
in many different languages.  (Not that my opinion counts, not
living in Europe.)

It might be useful if the title of the message reflected the
language in which it was written (I suppose "Aaargh!" is
universal across all languages :^) so that people could tell
by the title whether or not they were going to be able to
read the message.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"