 Local / Canada / 1038
  Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

Hehe, check this out from the Bay/Zellers: (URL) may have to cut and paste the link if it's too long.) But hurry! This spectacular sale ends Friday, June 15! :] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) Lets see, if I buy 100, I can save $3.00! Wow! Now, if this was a significant sale, I would buy a bunch! I'll have to keep watch to see if the price goes down to something real. (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) Um, hate to be picky, but when I looked it was 19.99 marked down to 19.97. Was that what you saw? If so, that would be 2.00 rather than 3.00. 2.00 Canadian, no less, or about 1.30 or so US. I don't know what that is in Dog Dollars (1) 1 - (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) Yes, and that's not all! Act NOW and place your order for 100 sets or more, and we will include free, yes that's absolutely FREE, a giant cardboard shipping carton in which to store all of your savings!! It doesn't get any better than this! So (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) I had a very similar problem. Went into the store and bought a pair each of 4 smallish sets. Paid for them and headed out. Looked at the receipt. No BOGO, no 10%! Went back and got it fixed up to both of them. I'm fairly sure I got what I (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) I think James Brown (...) Oh, it’s a trend all right! Same happened to me today, but I had the cashier void the transaction and reinitialize it with the BOGO offer. Even after I showed her the flyer with the sale in it. `,( (...) I too would (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) I haven't been to Zellers yet this time around. The first time I used a BOGO Zellers sale, I had to specifically ask for it, every other time, the cashier has known about it, and rung through my stuff in pairs. I don't think it's ever been an (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

So it wasn't just me who got a flyer saying basically "We have Lego." I checked mine twice but it didn't have anything about a sale. I was even a Zellers today but there weren't any signs up for the BOGO, I thought it was a localized thing maybe. Oh (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) Yeah, it sounds like the flyers were misprinted. I'd like to know if this was only regional (the mis-print that is, not the sale). Did other people get flyers that specifically mentioned the sale? KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  RE: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

Hi, The flyers here in KitchenerWaterloo (came with the local Pennysaver) were printed properly with pictures of Life on Mars and Soccer. Now that doesn't mean that I didn't have to tell the clerks about it. Bought some yesterday with the 10% off at (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) Here in BC I received a flyer that advertised the "buy one get the other at 50% off" sale. But when I was paying for my stuff the clerk asked me "Is there a sale on this stuff?" so I had to tell her about it. -Bryan (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) Well, they had signs up in the Lego area on Saturday, and it was in the flyer. Come to think of it, both cashiers were a little confused, but I chalked it up to the 8AM daze everyone had. However, the senior cashier gave Iain Hendry and I a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) Yuck, I had an experience like that once before when I found an older set in a K-Mart during a BOGO 50%, it didn't show up in their computer as LEGO, and it took some time and asking for the manager (who never came) before I could convince the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) As per my experience, when I did go to Zellers yesterday, the cashier rang my stuff through, in pairs, sale entered manually. <shrug> I may have the fortune of having better-clued retail workers in my area, who knows. James (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) Same here-I don't see what they were all up in a fuss about, if anything just to show authority. The only thing they wouldn't give me was the 6 4285 buckets which were 6.49 each on sale (June 2-8) with the Buy One Get One offer. But that's (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) That always kills me. I remember that happening at TRU once. The girl said the stuff I was buying wasn't (one of the only three sets) pictured in the ad, so it didn't apply. I did a lot of miming by pointing at the "ALL LEGO" in the ad and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) While I often would like to think it's the cashier being stupid, I suspect it's actually a management problem-they're not giving their cashier employees enough responsibility to make a call on whether or not something is within the sale terms. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

Seeing as how I currently do work in the service industry, I know that there are "stupid cashiers" but there is some blame to be laid on manange for not keeping their employees informed. But there are difficulties in doing that for large companies (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) No, it's very much a valid concern. I used to work in labour management for a large retailer and spent a good part of my time in stores doing studies and convincing my coworkers to listen to store personnel. The cashiers get a lot of pressure (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) Agreed. I'm not griping about the cashiers, I'm griping about the system. In this day and age when the price pops into the cash register by just swiping a bar code, there is no reason sales shouldn't be automatic. Many times it doesn't seem to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) When and where were these? Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!

(...) The $149 RIS1.5 package was a Boxing Day sale run by Future Shop. Thanks to Kevin Stone (who emailed me a copy of a newspaper), a number of us also got $30 extra off from the web site too (it was $117 in the store if you brought the ad-Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)