 Local / Canada / 1057
Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:59:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Adam Murtha writes:

I only replied because I hate it when people get the 'stupid cashier'
attitude, I'm not saying that you are guilty of that, but I deal with people
all the time, many who think they are high and mighty compared to the lowly
cashier, and I, and my other employees get dumped on all the time by rude
people, and can't do anything about it.

Sorry about the rambling.

No, it's very much a valid concern.  I used to work in labour management for
a large retailer and spent a good part of my time in stores doing studies
and convincing my coworkers to listen to store personnel.  The cashiers get
a lot of pressure from management, and a lot of grief from customers, for
not a heck of a lot of pay.

What happened to us in Zellers wasn't even the cashier-it was the CSM or
Zellers equivalent of the Customer Service Manager.  The nice girl operating
the till in fact had already taken our money, it was the CSM being nosy and
picky about the entire issue.

Calum