 Local / Canada / 1045
Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 02:20:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Chris Gray writes:
fairly sure I got what I intended in the end. I think James Brown
mentioned that he had to specifically ask for the BOGO, too. I hope
this isn't an upcoming trend at Zellers!

I haven't been to Zellers yet this time around.  The first time I used a
BOGO Zellers sale, I had to specifically ask for it, every other time, the
cashier has known about it, and rung through my stuff in pairs.

I don't think it's ever been an automatic sale though - the cashier always
has to manually do it, which means it depends on the quality of retail help
in your area.  I can certainly imagine that there'd be a few slip-ups on the
Saturday morning of a new sale week.

Personally I wish the stores would just stick to flat rate sales
instead of these price-setting gymnastics they do.

I think the reasoning behind the BOGO is that they move more stock if people
have to buy more than 1 to get the sale price.

James