 Local / Canada / 1053
Re: Super Duper Huge Awesome Sale!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:08:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Frank Filz writes:

Well, they had signs up in the Lego area on Saturday, and it was in the
flyer.  Come to think of it, both cashiers were a little confused, but I
chalked it up to the 8AM daze everyone had.  However, the senior cashier
gave Iain Hendry and I a lot of trouble while checking out with 6 tubs of
3033 :)  But she was complaining about tubs not being Lego vs the picture on
the flyer.

Yuck, I had an experience like that once before when I found an older set in a
K-Mart during a BOGO 50%, it didn't show up in their computer as LEGO, and it
took some time and asking for the manager (who never came) before I could
convince the customer service person that a sale on "LEGO building sets" (or
whatever the title was), clearly had to apply to ANY LEGO building set. It was
quite stunning how much resistance was given to knocking a few bucks off a $100
or so bill.

Same here-I don't see what they were all up in a fuss about, if anything
just to show authority.

The only thing they wouldn't give me was the 6 4285 buckets which were 6.49
each on sale (June 2-8) with the Buy One Get One offer.  But that's fair,
the sale ended Friday even if policy is to give it to you until the sign
goes down from the display (which the endcap was still on).  The woman with
the tubs was thoroughly being mean though.  We were in a good rush to get to
rtl8... :)

Calum