 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / *224 (-40)
  PLUGS #2 Update

Hi, I have a possible venue and date for a Perth LEGO Collector gathering. After speaking with Marc at Kiddywink toys in Balcatta, he has kindly offered the use of his shop for a meet-up! Sunday December 12th, 2-3pm. I figured we could meet there, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2

(...) I'm free all day on Sundays and Mondays. At this stage I guess it'll have to be at one of our houses, I'm in Maylands and am happy to host, unless someone else is willing to offer? I don't mind travelling. Braith. (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2

(...) Hi i would be interested in plugs 2 depending on where and when. michael. (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2

(...) As a sweetener, I have a few AFOL comics in my possession to give out to those that are keen to attend a Perth LEGO gathering. So any lurkers or previous posters - you know who you are - post a reply and hopefully we can see you soon! Cheers, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2

Most important is to figure out who is interested and when they can go. Finding a venue for such a small group seems easy enough :) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2

(...) Always keen. I don't have too much built at the moment but maybe we can spark a little more interest in a Perth meet by having some sort of theme, maybe a few moonbase modules, Technic fig scale space ships or a ute fest??! - just a few of my (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  suggestion to get more exposure for the perth group

When I have been in the shop of Marc (kiddywink toys) in the past I have seen leaflets promoting a doctor who club. Mabie if we were to do up some leaflets for the Perth Lego Users Group, we could get marc to put some in his shop and hand them out (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lets get a contact list together of all the perth people

(...) Braith Garden email: braithgarden@hotmail.com Location: Maylands (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Lets get a contact list together of all the perth people

Count me in! David Williams email: dmwill@swiftdsl.com.au MSN: david86_au@hotmail.com Location: Kingsley (NOR) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Lets get a contact list together of all the perth people

I would like to suggest that we organize a list of everyone here who is from perth along with details of the best way to contact them (e.g. email, phone, whatever) so that its easier to get in touch with everyone to e.g. work out meetings and stuff. (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Let's get organised!

(...) I have a 3.2 Megapixel Kodak to use. Check out Stage-2b of my Holden Ute for image quality if you wish... (URL) if you can get to Maylands Train station I can pick you up from there. Cheers, Braith Garden. (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Let's get organised!

BTW, if/when this meeting goes ahead, it would be good for someone with a decent Digital Camera to be there to document proceedings. (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Let's get organised!

Count me in (depending on options for transport to & from the venue) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Let's get organised!

G'day Perth Lego Fans! OK, we have a handful of people interested in a Perth Lego User Group so the next step should be an actual meeting! Let's see what it is we actually want from a Perth Group. I'm happy to host the guys who have already added (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

Address was spelt incorrectly... (URL) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

To get things started. I have looked into making a PLUG site, just a simple one with a forum, picture gallery and a few other odd things. I'll keep you posted on what happens. The site will most likely be at (URL) but I will see if there is any (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

"Braith Garden" <braithgarden@hotmail.com> wrote in news:Ht3pCK.wM7@lugnet.com: (...) <delurk> I am possibly interested depending on date/time/location Terry Mason </delurk> (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

(...) x-post to .loc.au since I doubt any Melbourneons read .loc.au.wa.per :) (20 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

People Interested in participating in a Perth Lego User Group so far are: 1. David Williams 2. Braith Garden 3. Jonathan Wilson 4. Michael Dickinson OK, we're getting somewhere. I had a browse through some old posts and roll-calls to get a few more (...) (20 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

(...) participating (...) Yeah i'm up for anything that happens on a week-end i don't work. Also Melbourneons i am still coming in the end of april start of may and would love to check-out some of your creations. I can travel up to 1 1/2 hours any (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

(...) 3. Jonathan Wilson 4. Micheal Dickinson (I assume he is interested) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

(...) <snip> I agree, a meeting of minds would be a good start, see who's keen and what we should do. First off, a "show of hands" for those who would be interested in participating in a Perth Lego User Group: 1. David Williams 2. Braith Garden (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  What has happened Perth!?

I've just realised that the last post here was nearly 2 years ago! We seriously need to get something done here for us Perth Lego Fans. Sydney is organising a meet, why don't we all do the same. I know it takes a fair bit of work to organise a meet, (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Can I be the curator of lugnet.loc.au.wa.per?

(...) Are you a LUGNET member? I don't see you listed.. and that's a requirement. -Suz (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Can I be the curator of lugnet.loc.au.wa.per?

Can I? (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.admin.curators)

  PLUG

Hi All I will be in it .... Anyone else want to start a group in Perth ? (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  p.l.u.g. anybody ready yet

any body prpared to meet me during the week mainly thursdays in perth to get our lego group going give me a yell. (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  lego club w.a.

hi again guys i see we all talk often so how about getting together i sent a lot of you an e-mail about this week or so ago don't suppose any of you north of perth would be willing to donate a venue for or first meet?I would but you guys would have (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Anyone here?

Has there been any talk about another Lego Show coming to Perth in the near future? I remember when I was a kid there used to be one every year, about November, just before Christmas strangely enough. I used to go with my sister and Grandma, and she (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Anyone here?

G'day Adam, There wasn't much action in the WA section, mainly myself, Jonathon Wilson and Terry Mason - who has been very quiet, so we just migrated to loc.au group and joined the Eastern Staters in general discussions. It's great to see another (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Anyone here?

(...) Hmmm. Dunno about .wa.per, most talk seems to happen in .loc.au. There *is* a meeting in June 2001, but Melbourne may be a bit far to go.... ROSCO (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Anyone here?

Hi, I'm kinda new to this group, and was getting all excited about a Lego show in June, only to realise it was dated June 2000. And there haven't been any posts since August last year. So does anyone still read this board? --- Outgoing mail is (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  to all people from perth

TRU perth city has the falcon and UCS X but no UCS tie. They also have the pod bucket (I think), race and dinos. Also they have the action wheelers. Also big W belmont forum has the pod bucket, race, dinos and ALL of the action wheelers, including (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Roll Call - "Present"

Here I am another AFOL, My name is Carl Watson, I am 22, married with 2 kids and I am from..... ....ADELAIDE...... Amazing, I think that makes 2 in Adelaide. So hello to Jane McDermott my fellow Adelaidien. About my Lego: I collected lots of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.act.can, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.nt.als, lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.too, lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb, lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun, lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger, lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed, lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ultimate Lego Book- building ideas

If you call being 2 foot tall realistic... tongue FIRMLY in cheek. Mike :-p "Timothy Jones" <timothyj10@juno.com> wrote in message news:FyM5HB.16n@lugnet.com... (...) man. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Ultimate Lego Book- building ideas

(...) These are the same two that I built immediately after I saw them..:-) Selçuk (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Ultimate Lego Book- building ideas

(...) Well, I used some ideas from the people made in it and created a 2-foot man. He has a red cap, glasses, a moustache, blue shirt, red pants, and black shoes. Quite realistic, actually. (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  (canceled)

  Re: Ultimate Lego Book- building ideas

(...) i built the skeleton in black (didnt have the right black peices) and i have an army of those cool snails on page 67 (also in black due to lack of dark crey peices) i also built a lobster in red (pg 64) by the way does anyone know how to make (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Ultimate Lego Book- building ideas

I recently purchased The Ultimate Lego Book and quickly set about building some of the models inside. One really cute item was the green wheelie bin (don't have the book in front of me, it's somewhere near the phone booths and US buildings) which I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact