 Local / Australia / 8060
Re: Help with train show.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:19:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes all manner of good stuff about a
prospective train show.

Don't see myself manning a stand (being such a delicate flower, and not
being a trainfiend) but there are some things I can do:

  kick in some dough

  provide all the sea baseplates and 6 of the green

  cover the 3 x 3 plates on the road side of the river
  (ie 3 sea, 6 land), with a large ship moored in the
  river and an Australiana Park c/w railway station,
  small barracks (4 sided, ~16 x 32), stage coach,
  gaol (3 sided ~ 8 x 30) and ample marching red coats
  and convicts, and visitors, parked cars, bus etc.

    (I'd happily forego the curve and straight road
    plates, and build an entrance gate at the cross
    roads. There'd be space for a period steam engine
    too - I can provide one, but I imagine a
    trainfiend could provide a much better one to sit
    on a display track.)

  put a paddle steamer in the river, optionally packed
  with tourists

  help with setup early Saturday morning, and with
  knock down Monday afternoon.

Questions:

  how big is the step down to the water?

  Do we have a first week of April fest to demonstrate
  to ourselves and take photos for organisers?  If its
  not too far for everyone, I can organise the
  Mittagong RSL again...

  how do we thank James for his work on this so far?

Richard
Still baldly going...