 Local / Australia / 8239
8238  |  8240
Subject:
Batman Bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 02:27:13 GMT

Fantastic , The Batman Bridge is the world's first cable-stayed
truss bridge, utilising a 100 metre high A-frame tower , being only 30 kms
from home I have crossed the Batman many 100s of times ,and actually know
the group of painters who last painted the A frame supports ,one of which
did a hand stand at the very top of the 100+ meter high tower.heres a link
to a pic of the Cable Trolley they use to get to the top.
Cheers

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
Not satisfied with my truss bridge, I decided to build a cable-stayed
bridge, based loosely on the Batman bridge over the Tamar river in Tassie.
Here it is: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=112068

Only problem is the load on the land-fill holding up the tower - with heavy
trains, it tends to tilt over, making the bridge deck sag. But if it's
movement is restricted, it works fine.

ROSCO