 Local / Australia / 8085
Re: Help with train show.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:18:24 GMT

Firstly, sorry about the delayed response, it takes a bit of time to warm up
down here in Melbourne ;-)

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
A couple of people have shown interest in doing a train layout at

MARSFIELD - NSW. June 8-10, 2002 at the Epping Boys High School, Cnr Epping
Rd & Vimera Rd, Marsfield. Open 10am-5pm (Sat/Sun/Mon). Admission $8/$4/$20.
Organised by the Epping Model Railway Club Inc.
(see http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=7727 for more)

Yes I was one.

The proposed layout is here, based on work by Ross.

Looks sweet to me. I am one who would prefer a train layout where the
circuit takes about 5mins to complete. But I understand the space restrictions!

What I'd like now is some firm commitements of buildings (freight yard,
Station, downtown...) and commitments of time on the weekend for
setup/running and packdown from anyone. It is a long weekend and even though
it is still six months away the more time spend building and preparing, the
better. If you don't live in Syd and would still like to contribute
buildings or rolling srtock (even if just a carriage with your club's banner
on it) please do! We'll probably be able to refund any postage it takes to
get your model here and back.

Hmm not too sure where i fit into this. I have track..lots of it. And
trains, lots of them too. But they're all up in Sydney!

The show people expect to see the layout before June, so we should consider
a  March dry run.

June can do, I'll be back in Sydney by then, and not likely to be shifted
out to some other place that soon. March may not be possible for me to
attend. Not too sure If i'll be returning anytime before that to spare a day
to get things prepared though. So perhaps I can ctonribute best by being a
labourer at the show. Prepared to do anything...

The tables are in progress (complete with a shorter set of legs for a
dropped table river area).

Thanks in advance.
James (who is probably just bugging everyone with this, but anyway...)

Nah the reminders are extremely useful.

Cheers
Santosh