 Local / Australia / 8238
Re: PHOTO EDITING???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 00:48:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kevin Hall writes:

To start, I've put a detailed step by step guide to putting a real
background behind a lego image... plus adding shadows and special effects.
It also is has a step by step image guide too, with pics of what the image
should look like during the different steps.

Ooooh, thats what I've been hangin out for!

So.... I would like to know what other things people would like to know how
to do? Things people have seen on my site, or just questins, which I may be
able to answer.

You asked for it!

I've been experimenting a bit, but was wondering how you get the background you
want, and how you get it to look "right"? Do you find the background first,
then photograph the model from the right perspective by trial & error? What if
I don't have a large enough room to get as far away from the subject as I'd
like, is there anything I can do (besides extending the house)?

What about if you want several pictures from similar but not-quite-the-same
views? Do you make changes to the background, or try to avoid this altogether?

Where do you get good background pictures? I'm looking for background scenes
for a largeish steel arch bridge under construction, and I've not been able to
find any that have a section of shoreline that fits right, with a decent scene
behind (1920s city-scape, approach spans, etc). Have you ever combined multiple
background scenes? Love some tips on that, if you have any!

So many questions, so little time.... 8?)

ROSCO