 Local / Australia / 8095
Re: Help with train show.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 07:19:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:

The tables are in progress (complete with a shorter set of legs for a
dropped table river area).

Well, if you want a bridge, and there's anyone out there with some technic
beams lying around unused (I'll use 'em!), feel free to use my arch bridge
design http://www.lugnet.com/~469/projects/archbr - I'm a bit short of
technic beams right now! It neads about 64 1x16s & 64 1x12s (more if you use
beams for the hangers). It may be a bit longer than you want. Alternatively,
I (or someone else??) may have enough to do a small truss bridge. I'll look
into it.

How does this look? http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/etc/quickbr.jpg

I call it the black & white bridge 8?)

There's only about 9 bricks clearance - I didn't know how much lower you're
making the river tables. But there probably won't be enough space to have
any boats going underneath 8?(

Looks good, though I'll have to check with Richard as to suggestions for the
river. The height and length of the bridge will flow from that. At least
bridges are fairly straightforward to do.

James (who resisted the "cross that bridge when we come to it" line.. oh. oops)