 Local / Australia / 8059
Re: Australia Day weekend LUGfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:37:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I said previously ...

A while ago there was discussion of having some kind of LUGfest on the
Australia Day long weekend.

I retract what I said about the long weekend. According to my diary, we are
celebrating Australia Day on Saturday 26 January, with no extra public
holiday.

So, it seems there isn't a long weekend after all. Does that change our plans?
I know a contingent of MUGs was planning on driving, which would be hard to do
without a long weekend.

According to my Dilbert Wall Calendar (and could one find a better source
for such information?), there is an Australia Day holiday on 28/1/2 in ACT,
NT, SA,Tas and WA. Up until Christmas we weren't expecting one in NSW, but
the evidence in favour is mounting, and yesterday's Sun-Herald Annual
planner has one marked.

I'm pretty sure we have a holiday Monday in Vic. I'll have to check for sure
though. If so, I'd like to go. If anyone's interested, I was thinking I
could rent a car for the w'end & bring the harbour bridge. Only down side is
I could probably only fit 1 other person in. 8?(

ROSCO