 Local / Australia / 8104
Re: Australia Day weekend LUGfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:15:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
<waking up suddenly> Who me?!?

Well, if you want to play, sure. Pirates? Can do. Are we playing with ships
or not?
I vote "yes".

My personal preferance is to play with ships but treat the hulls as
Virtually Indestructable (TM).
Also:let's not worry about wind direction or any of that sailing stuff.
Ships can move any direction.

If we're playing pirates can everybody bring two (or more) islands (doesn't
have to be a fancy printed baseplate, just a green baseplate will do) with
some stuff on them (trees, rocks, parrots, skelys, lost world dinos...
whatever) plus at least a "Captain" fig. If you're blessed with an abundance
of Pirate figs, bring some to lend the less fortunate, we'll sort out
roughly equal groups on the day, don't worry about bringing too much.
Ships... bring 'em if ya got 'em!

Cool! How about limiting each player to one ship & crew? That could speed up
play somewhat, enable many people to bring a spare ship and crew (to lend to
the less piratical), and test the limits of how many pirates will fit on a
single ship!

The Plot!

A long long time ago, in an ocean... just over there, there were pirates.

And being pirates they did piratey stuff, like drinking, fighting, drinking,
stealing treasure, drinking, burying treasure, wenching, nicking other
pirates' buried treasure, drinking and fighting.
With all this going on, who needed a plot? Just a long memory for grudges
and a short temper (a sharp cutlass and a handy pistol helps too). A receipe
for chaos if ever there was one.

The scenario.

Grab treasure, kill others. Bonus points for acting really piratey (see above).

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

James (who will definatly need a good lie-down after this one...)
...but who can always be relied on to come up with a good Plot and Scenario.

Richie
(Who's planning to stretch the System Maria and load it up with Inquisitors
to supplement the contingent of Conquistadors already aboard, and has no
particular concern for historical accuracy. Also, I realise that
Conquistadors and Inquisitors aren't actually *pirates*, but these are
Conquistadors and Inquisitors who Went Bad(tm)).

I have 4 medieval cogs I can bring.....and can prob whip up a couple of
Islands with some surprises on them. maybe hidden treasure..... or a cave or two

I'll leave it as a surprise...

Kev...:  )
andrastavia@ozbricks.com
www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia