 Local / Australia / 5306
Re: check this out! (the things ya do at work eh? :P)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 04:24:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Frank Filz writes:
However, it is incredibly unlikely we will ever see many re-releases. There >are likely parts for which the molds no longer exist, and the potential >volumes would probably be too low. I could see them re-releasing a handfull >of the most popular classic sets, or at least those which most characterize >the era, but that is about it.

On the other hand, they make new molds all the time (often for the most
unlikely parts that can only have a very limited range of uses). They would
certainly save on R&D for a re-release.

I'm not sure about the volumes. Some toys like teddy bears or a LEGO set
with a _house_ and a _car_ are all time classics that I think will always
have a market.

--DaveL