 Local / Australia / 2694
Re: Australian Roll Call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:27:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
Name: Melody Brown.
Gender: F.
Year of Birth: 1975.
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Immortal Child :).
Location: Indooroopilly, Brisbane.
E-mail Address: Black666beast@hotmail.com.
LEGO/home page URL(s): not up yet - will let know when it eventuates.
Marital Status: Married.
Children: 2 rugrats.
Occupation: Chiropractor Assistant.

On Lugnet Since: late August 2000.
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: only 240+ :(.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 20+.
# of LEGO Pieces: see # of sets, probably around 15K.
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: unfortunately none as yet but I have been to
some Lego tours in Shopping Centres etc in Aussie & NZ & some of those
competitions they have from time to time.
# of LEGO fests attended: read above.
First LEGO Set: I was given a set in 1978 from my Gran, hooked ever since,
still have many of the pieces.
Favorite Theme(s): Egyptyian, Star Wars, Paradisa, Promotional, Shell, OMG all
of them - LEGO rules :).
Favorite Set(s): many, ask me personally :).
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): all :) I hate the pieces that look like a few
pieces altogether :(.
Set/theme you would like to see: hey someone mentioned Roman theme, sounds
great and Viking too even Celtic :) yeah total Mytholegogy :)hmmm fantasy
stuff. etc (even some little music types hmmm I have some ideas... imagine a
little drum set and guitars etc and a tour bus etc hehehe :).
Current LEGO Project: I am doing a bunch of stuff that you will see on the net
soon, keep ya posted :P.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: hehe I like music (Black & Death Metal) great
stuff to play while building Lego hehe :), camping, travelling, Lego and many
more.

Hi Melody!

Welcome to .loc.au -- check out .org.au as well for more local info. Did you
give up Lego for a while and get back into it recently? Star Wars did it for
me. I _had_ to have a Lego X-wing, then I got into Ninja and Adventurers, then
a bit more Star Wars, then some Insectoids, then even more SW...

Which mythos are you into? There's quite a bit you can do by mixing and
matching from the different themes they make at the moment, but Lego Ancients
sets would be unreal. If you haven't already, try to get as much Ninja and
Adventurers in Egypt as you can, now. These subthemes have been discontinued
and they have some great "pieces" sets for any mythology.

Looking forward to seeing your creations,
--Dave L.

PS  Have you got the new Dodheimsgard album?
PPS A big hello to any other local lurkers out there!