 Local / Australia / 1500
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:16:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:
Apologies if this has been covered in this weighty thread (it didn't seem to
be), but the main point of someone posting an auction in .org.au is because
_they_ (or, at least, the lego they'll ship) are located in Australia,
correct? So surely it's irrelevant to us whether their auction is open to
international bidders? Otherwise .org.au will miss out on a lot of auction
posts that are of genuine interest to Australians that want to take
advantage of lower shipping (which was the primary purpose of having .org.au
created, wasn't it?).

Yeah, that was my line of thought, but I didn't want to butt in because I'm
not Aussie. :-)
Personally, I haven't held any auctions yet, but if I did, I'd like to open
them to international bidders, because I know how hard it is to get sets
outside of the U.S. (first-hand) and I know I'll be craving international
auctions just a year from now.
But I wouldn't want to open them *only* to Oz, that would mean missing a whole
(very large!) part of the market.
There aren't so many people who are willing to sell internationally, I think,
not anymore. I suggest you open .org.au to any auctions that are open to
Australia.
But again, I'm just suggesting this warmly because I think *you* would benefit
from it. Feel free to ignore every word. :-)

-Shiri