 Local / Australia / 1424
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:09:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Frank Filz writes:

I would think you would want to encourage auctions by Australians, even
if they are available to the world. My impression was that you folks
wanted your own auction area so you don't need to wade through a bunch
of US only auctions.

That is one of the issues, the wading is not that big a hassle, because if you
want to find what you're after, you have to wade a lot ;-). But yes that is
one of the issues.

The problem has been that auction postings will appear in the auction group,
then upon enquiry to the seller, some of us folk down here have been told
"Sorry I wont ship to Australia".

Which leads to another issue, sending things anywhere overseas from here means
$$$ on shipping. I guess what we're looking to do is to be able to offer items
for auctions to people within Australia to reduce the costs for everyone. I'm
assuming that if something doesn't get sold here first, then it would get
offered to the rest of the world, though it will be a higher cost to the buyer
due to the shipping.

Someone else may have more reasons to add to this..

Santosh