 Local / Australia / 1422
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:21:20 GMT

Santosh wrote:
But on the same note if you don't place some restrictions surely we'll get • to
a point where every auctioner and their dog will be posting auction notices
into org.au even if it has nothing to do with the organisation.

Ya, I think you'll want to make a guidelines page that maybe explains the
charter in more detail (the rationale behind it) and I think Kerry's • suggestion
of noting that non-Oz auction stuff is verboten in .org.au is a great
suggestion.

Perhaps as a guideline for acution posts we could state:
"Only auction notices that pertain specifically to org.au members are allowed"
ie. no general auctions (global), no cross post auctions (eg, for everyone in
US and Australia). Only specific auctions for Org.au members.[1]

As a note this still leaves it open for say someone in America to specifically
auction something to us down here. But it wouldn't allow one of us to auction
things off to to up there.

I would think you would want to encourage auctions by Australians, even
if they are available to the world. My impression was that you folks
wanted your own auction area so you don't need to wade through a bunch
of US only auctions.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com