 Local / Australia / 1421
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:18:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
If someone posts to your .org.au in an annoying way and they ignore your
warnings or kind reminders about whatever they're doing wrong, you can let
me know that you'd like them prohibited from posting to your .org.au group
and I can shut them off from that.  If it really gets to be a problem with
a lot of people making a mess, then I'll have to look at ways to help you
automate the in's & out's of people lists in a way that you can administrate
yourself via some configuration webpage.

Yes this will be required.

When you say, "this will be required," what do you mean by "this"?

Is this the type of information that will go onto
the lugnet.com/org/au/ page?.

You mean a list of people or a list of rules?

Can we take the easy way out by saying "you must
comply with all Lugnet Terms and conditions and in addition...."

Yes.

Perhaps as a guideline for acution posts we could state:  "Only auction
notices that pertain specifically to org.au members are allowed"  ie. no
general auctions (global), no cross post auctions (eg, for everyone in
US and Australia). Only specific auctions for Org.au members.[1]
[...]
[1] I've specifically used the word member rather than "australian" regarding
the whole issue of who we make a member etc. Another thing for the notice
board.

I don't think there is a clear way to define a "member" of a newsgroup.

As a note this still leaves it open for say someone in America to
specifically auction something to us down here. But it wouldn't allow one
of us to auction things off to to up there.

It sounds like what you want is some kind of wording that indicates that the
auctions in .org.au must be exclusively to buyers on the Australian continent
but that sellers can be anywhere...?

--Todd