 Local / Australia / 1498
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 01:57:59 GMT

Santosh wrote in message ...

"Only auction notices that pertain specifically to org.au members are • allowed"
ie. no general auctions (global), no cross post auctions (eg, for everyone • in
US and Australia). Only specific auctions for Org.au members.[1]

As a note this still leaves it open for say someone in America to • specifically
auction something to us down here. But it wouldn't allow one of us to • auction
things off to to up there.

Apologies if this has been covered in this weighty thread (it didn't seem to
be), but the main point of someone posting an auction in .org.au is because
_they_ (or, at least, the lego they'll ship) are located in Australia,
correct? So surely it's irrelevant to us whether their auction is open to
international bidders? Otherwise .org.au will miss out on a lot of auction
posts that are of genuine interest to Australians that want to take
advantage of lower shipping (which was the primary purpose of having .org.au
created, wasn't it?).

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164