 Local / Australia / 1499
Re: Store ratings [was RE: GST and Lego and ACCC]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 02:08:40 GMT

Whytcross, Benjamin wrote in message
<1D0812CAE3E7D2118BCD00805FA76DEB022A4F4A@gw-exg-ne01.pacificaccess.com.au>.
..
I reckon we should put together a list of toy shops that over-charge for
items, and do our best to get people to stop buying lego from them. This
would be a community service, helping both lugnet members, and also could • be
of use for displays like the TRU one Peter did earlier this month, where we
could pass on the information about the best and worst places to buy lego,
as one of the main complaints I've heard is about its cost.

Best:
BigW [Victoria]
Prices generally 10% or so below RRP

Check "Child & Adult" in Elsternwick. They claim to sell at 20% off all the
time, but looking back I'm not sure the originals were RRP, but they might
well have been. In any case, the prices weren't as low as Pete W said they
were at Camden Toyworld.
With all the variations in prices one sees at Myer, TRU, etc., it gets a
little confusing.

They also have some "LEGO Service" spares that they thoughtfully ordered
over the years from LA, go down there and have a dig through their trays of
spares bags... now how many stores have done _that_? ;-)

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/