 Local / Australia / 1378
Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:43:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
In which case, maybe .org.ANZA [Australia and New-Zealand Area] or similar?

How'bout .org.oceania?

Oceania, that's it !!! (that's our world cup soccer group too!)

Either way, what i see as happening is, that the organisation
will have a list
of members, only those members can post to .org.* and it will
be upto the
organisations to maintain that list.

Agreed

Hmm. No one else can even post at all, not even *comment* on what's going on
in your group? Maybe it's just me, but I like to read and comment about what
other groups are doing... Think about the BrickFest for example, many people
that weren't there and aren't in WAMALUG posted in .org.us.wamalug, because
there were lots of things to share... it seems a bit too much to completely
dis-allow other people posting, IMHO.

I'm with Shiri on this, let whoever respond, if people break the rules, they
get ignored or Todded.

the logic i'm  using is as follows

*In org.au only members can post auction stuff

Agreed

This I see, definitely.

*Members of org.au have to be from Australia

Maybe Australian region [or by request of a certain number of members [say
5] so we can also have 'honory Australians' - eg those who are wiling to
purchase items in the US/Europe and ship to us]

This idea i like. Perhaps its something we can adopt for entry of all members
in the future. Though then we're heading down that path of are Lego groups • for
everyone or for a select few. In which case I'd say : to be a member you'd
need to meet certain number of guidelines unless that condition is veto-ed by
a certain number of other members.

This sounds good to me. I'd love to be an honorary member (or some-such).
Currently I'm "only" factoring for one person in Oz (Pete White) and I've also
traded with Mark H. I'd be glad to factor for other people, although not quite
as large scale as I've been factoring for Pete (his stuff is currently taking
up a large portion of my room!).

Hmmm, better fix that up shortly ;^)

My 2 cents, you can consider them as a donation to the new org!

Is that 2c US or AUD or NZ
pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>