 Local / Australia / 1379
RE: New 2000.2 catalogue - sexism rules OK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:43:01 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Kerry Raymond [mailto:kerry@dstc.edu.au]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 2:36 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: New 2000.2 catalogue - sexism rules OK?

Go to the index page
http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/ideabook/ and check
out
some of the other images. It looks like they're using pre superfast • wheeled
Matchbox cars in the town scene on page 4a (and where did
the road plates
come
from?).

Yes, they look just like the Matchbox cars that I used in my Lego
constructions back in the early-mid 60s. We used to put
(live) lizards in
the Lego houses as we didn't have mini-figs back then.
Admittedly I can see
the benefits of using mini-figs; the lizards were inclined to
escape if
given the chance.

I don't think the base plate in the picture is Lego though.
It looks more
like a piece of painted plywood; certainly there are no studs
on it. The
Lego road-layout baseplates are a far more recent development.

Just a guess, based on the description, but it sounds like one of the 'town
plans' which were pictured in many of the older catalogues. [remembering I
don't have the image or net access, so I can't say definitely one way or the
other.]

Pity they haven't got a moving minifig who can walk around the town yet :(
[I can imagine the calls for a moving Timmy, to see what happens when he
forgets/learns about gravity :) ]

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)