 Local / Australia / 14068
Re: don't feed the trolls!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:16:03 GMT

Is ignorance one of the things we don't want around here??

Ignorance is essential for the traditional Aussie sport of bullshitting; at
least it's essential for one of the players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshit

Anyhow, enough about trolls. How's everyone coping with the drop bears?
They've been particularly bad this season here in Queensland, possibly due
to the drought bringing them down out of the bushland areas into the
suburban areas. One of our neighbours had a whole family of them in a palm
tree by her swimming pool and was too scared to let her grandkids use the
pool. Even if they don't drop for the normal reasons, the palm branches just
aren't strong enough for their weight and they often drop by accident.
Instead she had them playing in the garden. Just as well I never showed her
the 2 metre carpet python in our driveway adjacent to it, see:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerry-raymond/37032768/

Actually, I think the snake catcher I used also relocates drop bears,
possums and any other problem wildlife, so maybe I should have introduced
her.

Kerry