 Local / Australia / 14051
Re: don't feed the trolls!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:37:33 GMT

I'm just trying to help. I know in the past I've gotten into trouble for
not
knowing whether things are too serious to joke about or not. I wouldn't
want new
members to get the impression that this community is anything but warm and
embracing by inadvertantly making the same mistakes I have made [1]. I
think
such a list would be a real asset to the community.

And a complete list of the words that we are not allowed to say because
there is someone somewhere who disapproves of the word. Many an innocent
Aussie abroad on Lugnet has fallen foul of that one, speaking as we do in
the vulgar vernacular!

Of course, the problem with compiling the list is that the words in the list
cannot be written on Lugnet. Tricky problem! We'll have to be cunning
linguists to solve that dilemna.

How about saying them as "d***" that rhymes with "ham"? That's a bad one
apparently (although I can't remember why).

And of course there is "d***" that rhymes with "barn". That's another bad
one (because it's a euphemism for the one that rhymes with ham).

Kerry