 Local / Australia / 14036
Re: don't feed the trolls!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:50:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
Hey, Aussies, come back to loc.au where you are appreciated for your deadpan
humour and laidback attitude to family-friendliness. It's a sad sad world
that can't appreciate our sense of humour and it appears that's most of
Lugnet these days. Sigh!

Humour is a very serious business, CL Kerry. I have learned that some things are
far too serious to joke about.

I think we need our very own ambassador to do some statistics

YES! It's been a long time, and lugnet has been sadly short of statistics!
(I did note a suggestion for the compilation of some statistics a while back,
but I ignored it. Sorry).

on the
proportion of Oz postings in non-Oz groups that elicit responses that:
* fail to get the joke
* take offence
* fail to get the joke and take offence
* accuse us of being trolls
* fail to get the joke and accuse us of being trolls
* attract irate responses from 'E who must not be named
* fail to get the joke, take office, accuse us of being trolls and attract
irate responses from 'E
* etc

Then we can embark on an evidence-based policy-making campaign seeking to
ban all non-Aussies from replying to any Oz posting in a non-Oz groups on
the grounds that statistically they are about to make complete galahs of
themselves.

Thanks for the suggestions! You are a real asset to the community, Kerry.

Cheers

Richie Dulin