 Local / Australia / 14042
Re: don't feed the trolls!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:32:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Allister McLaren wrote:

Are you keeping a mental list of them? I would suggest you take that Thought Leadership, and turn it into actual leadership with a page detailing the Things That Are Too Serious To Joke About, so that newcomers don’t make the same mistakes we have.

I too have learned this recently and would like to contribute to the list.

Things that are too serious to joke about:
  • Nazis and/or nazism
  • anything else that might upset Germans
  • sorting mech bays
  • colour change, and failing to internalise it and move on
  • posting items for sale in the wrong group
  • tatoos/bra straps

  • Lists of things That Are Too Serious To Joke About

There seem to be some that think compiling lists (either written or mental) is something to belittle or ridicule. I just don’t get that. Seems petty to me to harp on other people for such things.

It sure reads like you’re mocking him to me.

Richie

ps Actually, it seems like Allister might have been mocking me a bit too.