 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / Search Results: wheel sets
 Results 821 – 840 of 1413.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: what makes a legend?

sets
(score: 0.866)

  Re: what makes a legend?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes: Hi Brad (...) For starters, I think a lot of what makes a legend a legend depends on the age of the person being asked. I for one was born in '68, and started with LEGO when I was about 6-8 years old. For (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.866)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) <snip> A great question. To me, it has a lot less to do with nostalgia, and more with set complexity. I do understand the current catch-22 that TLC is facing these days with its juniorization policy of sets (feeling the need to hook younger (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.866)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Lego Direct cannot, as a matter of policy, create new molds for its sets, so it has a big impact. (This is a totally different restriction than that of using existing molds with new colors, as has already been done in LD sets.) One specific (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.866)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today (Florida, USA)

LD and AFOL, My 10001/10002 combo came via UPS today. I have not yet built the Metro Liner, but I can see that it has light blue small windows (these need to be replaced) I am also not to happy with the packaging of this set, all the bags of parts, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.866)

  Question on S@H Australia and in general.

Hello, Just wondering if someone can please clarify exactly what "Not Available" means on an item in the Shop.. does it imply not available at this point in time, or not available ever again? Can we possibly get some indication on when these types (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) SNIP! (...) First off, I would like to tell you how great it is that Lego is listening to it's audience and taking steps to bring back and recreate some of the sets that we relish and desire. Thanks for all that you have done! How many toy (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) <big snip> As is evident by the 60+ messages in this thread already (in just a few days) I would say that this topic is very broad and almost every person in this forum has an opinion. That being said, I apologize now if I am about to simply (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

A "Legend" is in the eye of the beholder. That being said, here are my beholdings: There are two types of "Legends". One, a set I owned that was great to build, great to look at, great to play with. The second type (the more important one), is a set (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: soccer coupons

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:GLD4vz.72x@lugnet.com... (...) The coupon that has the bus on it is actually valid for one of thre sets of which the bus and the Super Sport Coverage are both included. I was confused when I first looked (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) You have defined a LEGO Legend very well, any set that became a "landmark" is a good candidate, either because it was the first set in a theme or because it was a market success. I guess it depends on how dramatic the difference between the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

In regards to your question, I feel certain changes such as wheels and stickers are totally accaptable, as long as the reason for the change is explained before hand. The only changes I would be against are changes in the colour of pieces (I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Thank you! I am always glad to help any way I can! (...) (Snipped) (...) Yes... But don't tell me you destroyed the molds! :-( (...) Ok, here goes my opinion: As for metal-axle wheelsets, the replacement is ok (old axles might get rusty... I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) My initial thought is "do not cross out an entire group. You may find some sets are more readily reproduced than others". Having said that, I have no problem living with stickers for printed pieces. I also have no problem with substituting (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Speak for yourself. I for one wouldn't mind at all, and would welcome changes, especially in the unique colors for elements area. If you don't Juniorize some of these sets enough, it (...) Remember, we are talking about LEGO *Direct*. They do (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

Brad & All, (...) Thanks for the honor, sir! : ) (...) Hmm... it really depends on the set. Some sets, which are pretty easy to replicate in terms of parts selections, a few parts either changed or modified is fine.I think most of the LUGNET (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Great ideas! ...Although if they ran Nautica sets I would be bankrupt within a month... <silly grimace>... ...On the otherhand, I knew there was a reason I haven't spent money on the Metroliner yet. Ah, if only my harbor could have yet another (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

Mike, I received my Club Car today. The reason I was told by LD for the split up of the kit was a packing error, but at the time of my call the Club Car sets were back ordered. I would definitely call, as they put in a work order to get your (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I both agree and disagree with you Kevin. I think the reissues are an incredibly good idea. The music industry has been doing this successfully for years. It allows some folks to finally get a copy of a 'classic' set even though they may not (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I can definitely live without the metal-axle wheels - others may not. But its the design of the buildings of those sets that is great and why they should be reissued. The loss of a metal axle is not a show stopper for me. (...) In reality, no. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

More:  Next Page >>