 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6105
Re: Lego in subdomains, legal or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:19:02 GMT

Dear all

First of all I’ll thank Jake for settling the question wether lego in subdomains is legal or not. Secondly I’ll thank everybody (and especially Michael) for taking the time to explain why:

Being immersed in the busienss of domain names and making webpages had made me convinced that only very ignorant people would confuse my subdomain for TLC’s topdomain, but from your replies I understand that it could “fool” even the best ;-)

However, to avoid mixing my page up wit my father’s I need a new subdomain, and am wondering if l3go is far enough off? - I doubt that outsiders would recognize it as having something to do with lego, while insiders would understand it as a relevant name, but still looking unofficial. And it has a nice pun to it, turning the page 3vil... It already has black background, and we all know that Vader is the real hero of SW...

But what do you say?

Cheers NB