 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5385
5384  |  5386
Subject:
How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:53:00 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well, here's how we're doing anyway.  I don't remember seeing this idea
posted yet, so hopefully I am not repeating something that's already been
discussed.

So here's the idea:

Myself and some co-workers went together a couple weeks back to put together
one large LEGO order from Shop At Home.  The main reason we combined the
order?  To get free shipping of course.  Putting several small orders
together got us over the $99 mark.  And while the group of us spent enough
for the free shipping, no one person had to spend close to $99.

Now, at first this might seem like a bit of a rip-off for LEGO... us taking
advantage of their special offer.  But on second consideration I think it's
actually a win/win situation.

Folks like me, who might not otherwise order anything (because of the
shipping costs) get to order small quantities and basically get free shipping!

The LEGO company wins because they've made a sale to me (and a couple other
of my co-workers) that they wouldn't otherwise have made.  And their free
shipping is optimized since we order as a single lot which is shipped to a
single address.

Anyway, if you work in an office with the parents of school age children as
your co-workers, this might be a method you can use to get your free
shipping from LEGO.

Oh, and by the way... we all got so excited today when the order came in
that we're placing another order tomorrow.  A couple folks saw got to see
the Advent Calendar and are now ordering them as well.  Yet another side
benefit for LEGO... add-on sales driven by hands-on advertising.  And it
cost them nothing!

All the best,
Allan B.