 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5201
Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 14:35:48 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Johannes Koehler writes:
Hello!

As far as I recall, the original 6074 set had some spare parts including (as
far as I know the only LEGO castle set that really had spare parts).
My theory is that the new LEGEND don't include those spares.

You are right. In both.

Thanks for the confirmation

The original 6074 had some grey spare arches
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2339

Those could be built in at the turret:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/Alternatives/alt-6074.jpg

Compare the half arches in the picture above with the arches in the building
instruction:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6074/6074-06.jpg

Those spare arches are not included with the Legend set.

I guess the other spare parts used to build the 2nd modal LEGO suggested
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6074/6074-01.jpg

(As we recall the set 6040 - Blacksmith Shop also included a few spare parts
for the 2nd model.
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6040)

I guess in reissuing the model LEGO direct didn't know/forgat about those
spares.

BTW: The swords in the Legend Black Falcon's Castle are light grey.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/legostore/10039in.jpg

Even better, but I don't know why, I thought LEGEND's suppose to be as close
as can get to the original one.

Thanks again for LEGO direct that heard our prays
now all we have to do is to come up with another great model
to be reissue hopefully until August next year.

Yaron "Webrain" Dori

P.S. if 6074 already reissue, I really think that 6062 - The Battering Ram
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6062 can be a nice addition to it and won't be
to hard for LEGO to make it as a Classic or LEGEND as well.