 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5197
Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:07:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
More good news for Castle folks!

snip

The Black Falcon's Fortress is available as of today in Europe, and will
available for pre-order in the US!

snip

Yes, I agree, this is good news, but . . . .

Will this set be available in the SHOPS in New Zealand ?

I think that, as it is approaching christmas, if this set appeared on the
shelves of the stores over here, then it would sell extremely well. This is
definitely the kind of set which would be an impulse buy for a lot of people
searching for something that looks as though it would give good play value.

If it sold like the first shipment of Harry Potter castles that arrived around
this time last year (all sets sold within the first couple of weeks), then Lego
should be able to move a reasonable amount.

So far, I have not seen any of the MB dragon sets in our shops, this could
quite easily change over the next few months in the run-up to the christmas
spending frenzy, if the Black Falcon Fortress is only available on-line from
S@H, then I believe that Lego will not sell very many of this set in this
country. The majority of purchasers do their buying from shops, most will not
even be aware of S@H, and if little "tommy" wants a castle set to play with at
christmas, and MB dragon sets are the only items available, well we know what
will get purchased don't we ?

So, the question is, will this item be available to "normal" shoppers or not ?

I personally, want several (if the money stretched far enough and the set was
available for long enough, at least as many as 10). But not if it means buying
through S@H, even with the reduced postage now available, I begrudge giving
money to a shipping company that I could be using to buy more Lego, but then
thats just me ;-)

Thanks - Ken