 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4093
Re: LEGO disappearing from small toyshops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:24:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard W. Schamus writes:
*These are my personal thoughts on this subject and have absolutely nothing
to do with any marketing strategies or theories that TLC holds or is • planning.*

I think that the market segment that caters to small specialized toy
retailing is being fostered by the advent of the Brand Retail Stores. True,
at this time the current number of these stores are small, but they are
growing. One needs to look only to the Chicago store opening in 2000 and the
Atlanta store opening last year.

So who do we ask for a Lego store in Northern California (NOT in Gilroy or
Milpitas, thank you very much!)(There are a couple of malls being built in
Emeryville, right in the middle of the whole bay area...)

Paul Sinasohn
LUGNET #115
BAYLUG