 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4083
Re: LEGO disappearing from small toyshops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:04:53 GMT

For some time now I have been seeing all the small toy-shops from my
childhood either disappear or cease selling LEGO. I never understood why
that happened, but now you have mentioned the minimum order and obligation
to use the full product line... and everything became clear.
Your idea has everything to work well. I know that toy shops have
specialized sections for train collectors, and even if there aren't many of
them it ends up paying (not too many shops either...). Why not have sectios
for LEGO as well? They could sell everything all the "mass sellers" can't
provide, and act as local "LEGO Service" or "S@H" for those of us who cannot
access these services.
Very good idea indeed.
We could send an open letter to TLC suggesting this. It could only bring
good to them... and to us.

Pedro

PS - Now that this is referred, I recall a conversation with another LEGO
collector I met some years ago; he mentioned that in the sixties some of the
shops in our city (Porto) used to do what you say, and coincidentally they
were also the shops which sold the model trains. So I guess there must be a
precedent. It is definately worth checking!