 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *4684 (-20)
  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Right, and Todd said it was "fine." Identifying it for what it is and generally sequestering it to a specific forum is probably a good idea. There really isn't a problem here. --Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Right, that's the reality of discussing their product lines (of course, some of us also speak very favorably about clone brands too, but whatever). If TLC/Lego Direct were allowed to make "product placement" type comments in different (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) It is my experience with "message board" systems that some people like to take part in a heated discussion from time to time. When someone posts something which is regarded as foolish by a majority, there are commonly a lot of people who jump (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

I'm afraid I don't quite agree. "Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:Gxpxys.59@lugnet.com... (...) messages: (...) know about upcoming releases before they're all over the media. (...) posted in the forum. (...) they're going to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I don't buy this stance. I prefer discussions like this to be held openly. I _like_ the fact that we get to put in our two cents. Todd and Suz are both seriously bright folks, but they just can't think of everything. Why shouldn't we know (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) readable by NNTP & mail, for which colour isn't doable, as there is little or no control over the client. I see no reason, however, why posts from official LEGO users cannot have an official LEGO sig attached (by the server) and maybe even a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

EWOK!!!...!!! (...) 8< YUBB YUBB >8 (...) 8< YUBB YUBB >8 (...) 8< YUBB YUBB >8 (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

WOOKIE!!!...!!! (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Well that is one approach to looking at it...yes for several...errr... many years North America (US and Canada) was spoiled. I'll have to agree somewhat to the approach you are taking. I don't disagree with a world point of view. My qualms is (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Terms of Use violation (was Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?)

(...) Actually Bill Ward is right... as an admin, Suz needs to lead by example. What she posted earlier today was in my opinion very shocking and inappropriate. I have to also look at her flaming policy as of late and "judge her by her own words"... (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

I don't know either of these people, but the fact that this discussion is being held out in the open for all of the LUGNET community to watch seems pretty immature to me. Sincerely, Aaron Muhl Lifetime Lego fan 5 Year LUGNET fan Not a fan of this (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Just to add my two cents in here. TLC is small-time in comparison to the big-time marketing we do ourselves. Think about it, we speculate on the next release in any given line, we spread around leaked photos of upcoming sets, when they start (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) This is bad. Very, very bad. Suz, this is far more than anybody on lugnet needed to know. Nothing good is going to come from this. (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) As opposed to the "over-care" of the past decades? I think what you consider "lack of care" is actually the LEGO company realising that there are markets outside the US, and that if they don't stop being a US-centric company, they will end up (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

Perhaps I am missing something here, but isn't this the kind of thing people are asking for? People want to know about new products. People want to have input into what is coming out. Brad and Jake provide this type of info in the posts cited. Sure (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes: [some snippage here...] (...) Er...I tend to usually avoid these type of posts, and the debate column because I am usually outspoken, but I have to get a say here, and of course, I have a few questions. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

Wow, I can barely stand the heat from this firestorm. Listen all, bottom line on this site is that it belongs to Todd and Suz, and they are fully entitled to do whatever they chose. It really does not matter what we users think or demand, ultimately (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Not anymore you don't. -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I don't. I can only respond to what's been made public, and with this issue, a heck of a lot of it has been made public. (...) I can call for an apology because if I were in Jake's position, I would have been quite offended by Suz's post. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Terms of Use violation (was Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?)

And then you turn around and attack Suz personally, I think you should be banned also. All you really needed was your first paragraph.. Tamy (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact