 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4670
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:14:19 GMT

Perhaps I am missing something here, but isn't this the kind of thing people
are asking for?  People want to know about new products.  People want to
have input into what is coming out.  Brad and Jake provide this type of info
in the posts cited.  Sure it is marketing, but then any info about upcoming
products is marketing.

Most of these posts probably should have been put into the market heirarchy,
but alas LD people cannot post there.

Troy

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego.direct, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
[...] To assume that TLC would abuse this forum to sneak in marketing
messages I think is simply a huge lack of respect for their • intelligence.

I would argue that all of the following are examples of marketing • messages:

   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=2601
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/announce/?n=43
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4328
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4436
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4476
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/announce/?n=48
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4550

(Which isn't to say that it's abuse in any way.  I think it's fine.)

Let's just be clear that LEGO *is* indeed here to do direct-to-consumer
_marketing_ and sales research, among other things.  Make no mistake about • it.
They're a company.  A smart company.

--Todd