 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4663
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 23:16:04 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
[...] To assume that TLC would abuse this forum to sneak in marketing
messages I think is simply a huge lack of respect for their intelligence.

I would argue that all of the following are examples of marketing messages:

   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=2601
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/announce/?n=43
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4328
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4436
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4476
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/announce/?n=48
   http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4550

(Which isn't to say that it's abuse in any way.  I think it's fine.)

Let's just be clear that LEGO *is* indeed here to do direct-to-consumer
_marketing_ and sales research, among other things.  Make no mistake about it.
They're a company.  A smart company.

--Todd