 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4662
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:46:39 GMT

I just had to say something here.  I know I'm not a very influencial person
around lugnet, and I know I've made a few enemies here.  I know that I've
opened my mouth and caused a lot of problems here on lugnet, and if the current
terms of use had been in place way back when I'd probably have been banned for
a month.

But listen...

When I first became an AFOL, back before I knew what an AFOL was, I thought
Lugnet was a fantasic place.  A place for discussion and open thought.  That
leaves it open for good AND bad posts.  I thought that this new world that was
opened up to me was the best thing that there ever was.  I had finally found
someplace that I belonged.

And I still think Lugnet is a fantastic place.

I love Lugnet.  Just like America, Lugnet has it's problems, but that's no
reason for us to dislike the idea of it or abandon it.  I still have hope that
Lugnet will make it through.  We may fight, we may have words with each other,
but that doesn't mean we have to let these things tear us apart...

Ok, so maybe Suz has some issues with LD and TLC.

And maybe this thing should have been handled through an email basis, I'm not
going to say it should or it shouldn't have.

The bottom line here is that in order to improve our situation, we can't put up
walls, we have to sit down as equals at the table and show our hands.  Disagree
if you must.  It's a part of life.  Don't attack someone because they have a
different view on something, and don't remain silent if you have something
to say.

Calling someone out, that's being agressive.

Not saying anything as a response, that's passive agressive.

Neither of these things gets us anywhere.

I just read a post about calming down before we post anything...  These are
wise words.

OK, so we have an issue with LEGO and Lugnet and posting procedures.  So let's
sit down and discuss it.

Better yet, let's vote on it.  If Lugnet is a AFOL network made up of the
people, by the people and for the people, then let's vote on whether or not
Lego can post directly into any news group.  Let's have a round table
discussing the pro's and con's of restricting vs admitting and then let's vote.

This is obviously an issue that is bigger than the interplay between two
people.  People make mistakes.  People leap before they look.  Let's not let
this thing pull us apart.

Let's not let Lugnet be some sort of temporary thing... Lugnet is forever!

--Anthony
Lugnet Member #1312
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros