 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4668
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 01:42:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Wow, I can barely stand the heat from this firestorm. Listen all, bottom
line on this site is that it belongs to Todd and Suz, and they are fully
entitled to do whatever they chose. It really does not matter what we users
think or demand, ultimately they have veto power. Jake asked for more
freedom than he now has, Suz said no, I fully accept her ability to make
that decision.

However, there is also no requirement for Jake or anyone from TLC to post
anything here. If Jake decides that these restrictions are to cumbersome and
FBTB or some other site is more to his liking, then he is fully entitled to
abandon Lugnet. His "silent treatment" is every bit his right as Todd and
Suz's decision to restrict his ability to post. Heck, Jake is a darn good
webmaster himself, if he really was anti-Lugnet he could set up his own
rival site, but he hasn't.

There is no reason for anyone to harbor any ill will to anyone over this, I
would agree that Suz's last post was not the most amiable, but I think it
falls short of being a brutal personal attack. Let's all try to step back
and get some perspective here.

Scott