 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4672
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:36:54 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes: [...]
Why am I not answering questions on LUGNET?

Most questions of LEGO actually get asked outside of lego.direct. Since I
can't answer those questions "officially" and I'm not sure what the
appropriate method of cross linking the answer with the question, I feel
uncomfortable posting about that issue out of context. I would absolutely
love if I could, along with other LD employees, post directly to a question
with a few brief lines to answer a question in context. Unfortunately,
LUGNET prohibits this.

Jake

Thank you, Jake.
I just wanted to confirm my suspicion.[1]

Such a lack of maturity from one who's actions reflect on The LEGO Company
is very disappointing. But, your 'using' of this community is inexcusable.

-Suz
LUGNET Admin

[1] Since our last phone conversation a few months ago, in which Jake again
asked for sitewide posting and I answered in the negative, he has been
giving this entire community the 'silent treatment' in hopes to 'get his way.'

This is bad. Very, very bad.

Suz, this is far more than anybody on lugnet needed to know.

Nothing good is going to come from this.