 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2674 (-100)
  Re: Re-released sets and Brickfest

(...) That could run afoul of university rules, and may run contrary to what the Brickfest organizers want. (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3B164167.500F@m...ing.com... (...) Heck, LEGO should go ahead and have some of these sets right at Brickfest available for sale on the spot. They would probably sell out in five minutes. Tim (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re-released sets and Brickfest

I'm not sure what the timing on these will be but if they will at all be available by Brickfest, I strongly reccomend making sure the outlet store has some. My running the Pirate Game is going to whet people's appetites for Pirates... (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: It may be 'Hard to Find', but that doesn't mean we have been looking for it!

they have shedloads of those in TRU in Cardiff for £1.99 each they may be hard to find but dosent that mean they should be hard to find "Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:GDwIC8.610@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lugnet Community Set (was: Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made?)

This is a great idea. It would be fun to build a set knowing that everyone else was making one too. Rather than having to decide whether to make something town, castle, pirate, space, etc., maybe someone could come up with something totally (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) No, I am correct. I posted here a direct request for Brad to clear up the issue of re-issues, and he did here within 24 hours. THAT is a great response time, and he deserves credit for it. Awesome person! I thank LEGO because that is where my (...) (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) You know, I get it. And that says a LOT. Wakka, wakka!! -Aaron- (23 years ago, 27-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Grin. Na, I think you're OK, I won't be getting a bigger FabuJones. I have a few MIB Fabuland sets, and the Collins Gang gave me a bunch of used stuff that Taya plays with, I'm set. I do need to get Mickey complete, though. Hoping for some (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) A "version" did come back... Mickey. Not a bad little offering, too bad it was a one shot deal, apparently. ++Lar (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Anti-FL? Well even the most intelligent are entitled to a lapse or two in judgement. What hits me is that you Larry might have some reason to become interested in acquiring more Fabuland. More competition for a finite supply...gee, just what I (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Personaly, I wouldn't mind seeing a VERSION of fabuland come back, perhaps with the figs more in range sizewise as conventional minifigs. It would add a little spice to your town scene to have a bear or rabbit walking down the street or (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  It may be 'Hard to Find', but that doesn't mean we have been looking for it!

Noticed that the UK shop.lego.com actually has a set listed under 'Hard to Find' (shop at home exclusives). First time there has been anything on this page. It is a 6110 Solo Sub. Wow! Been looking everywhere for one of those! Not. regards Lawrence (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Got a photo! Any visible scratches or teeth marks??? :oP -Aaron- (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) That depends on how many AFOL's buy into it. As an Assistant Manager at KB I know for a fact that most of the kids/parents I talk to, that get Maina Magazine to their house, never heard of shop@home. (Granted I only refer them to S@H when we (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Interesting point. Having the "classic" line be a S@H exclusive is a HUGE mistake -- for god's sake, get those sets into TRUs (and such stores) worldwide!!! Why should Germany have all the fun? What kind of trial balloon is this? One they want (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Hee hee! True dat. But Mark, since Brad mentioned the sets will be released through S@H, I bet the next issue will have those advertised for the "general" public, not just the AFOL one. Still, I bet most of their orders will arrive from us. (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) ! My wife kills me every day - anyone want a wife ? Hardly played with, great condition. Metroliner swap considered. Blackadder- 'You're only making it worse for yourself' - 'Well, how's that then ...?' :)) Oh gawd she's going to kill me now (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: FOTD, or maybe FOTW?... Plus some dark-ages theories

I think I'll take you up on that, right now actually. ;-) (I am not expecting a reply from anyone, so this fits in dear-lego, but I still hope someone will be listening. Anyway, FUTs to dear-lego.) Dear LEGO, and dear LEGO Direct reps.: To introduce (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) 4a. (one of the most important): 2x2x3 extreme sloped corners (currently in blue, dark grey) No problem with the mold. (...) If the yellow castle was re-introduced with the modern visored helm (currently used in Knights Kingdom sets), I'd buy (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Good analysis. The hard part from my viewpoint is the helmet visor. Tis made of a different plastic and surely has been out of production for an awfully long time. It sounds like, since you proposed some other mods, that you would be OK with (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I've heard on the winds that a castle people accessory set is coming and it will contain a female figure. I don't know anymore then that, so don't press me... Now, onto more pressing matters, The Yellow Castle... Why hasn't it been considered (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I'm guessing that these thoughts will drag down prices somewhat. Which may be a bad thing. The good prices are what gets non-FOLs scouring the used market and putting these things up for sale (I think the bulk of my eBay buying is from non (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Ya. But just look at it as "do I want the enjoyment of having it nowish enough to pay X for it" rather than the other way... if I stress out for 1/2 hour about the decision, that's a cost too... So stop worrying and buy buy buy. Or sell sell (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

I think re-releasing sets will drive me crazy for a different, but related, reason... I'm less worried about the value of the sets I own going down, but I think this will make it much harder for me, as a buyer, to figure out how much to pay for an (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) There are a lot of great Fabuland parts, some of the popular Fabuland parts: Lampposts Washtubs Curved car roof Ships wheel Decorative 1x4 brick w/3 lobes Car exhasut pipes Curved top "saloon" doors Jail cell door Spiral stairs Airplane engine (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I agree, except for the bit about Fabuland! My daughter LOVES Fabuland, and I can see why some like it. May not be my cup of tea, personally, but if some comes back, great! PS don't tell Sheree R. of your anti Fabuland stance. :-) ++Lar (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Those who paid $800 for a single set (I have) will still have their Lego... so what's the worry? I think in the long run it will be good. We may see the return of parts which we never thought we'd see again... and some we do not want to see (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  S@H Bulk Bricks Lineup

This may have been asked already, but will there be new colours offered for the present lineup of Bulk Bricks from Shop At Home? For example, 45 & 30 degree slopes (4x2x1, 4x3x1) in blue, black and grey, dimensions in width x depth x height. More (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(General note: I have no clue where this discussion should be going, general, marketplace theory? Feel free to redirect) John & All, (...) Indeed. As a pretty big collector of LEGO sets (Not for money, bt I enjoy havbing them) and of LEGO parts, I (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) John , please take this the best way possible -- it is offered by someone who doesn't even know you so his opinion should not matter to you very much... ...but... ... you either are, or are not, cool. It has nothing to do with the stuff you (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

Don't get me wrong I really hope that they are reissuing old early 80's sets. I want a guarded inn and a large army of black falcons. I'm just giving reasons why people may not be going crazy. My minor disapointment is similar to my feelings with (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) I have no sympathy for anyone trading in Lego for profit except for TLC itself (and even then there is a reasonableness in pricing factor), especially if their ambition is primarily to make $$$ from old MISB sets (which excludes people who (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bionicle ships today in the US!

"Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:GDszzH.7B7@lugnet.com... (...) three (...) product. (...) already (...) order (...) sold (...) You are more efficient than this. We received our mania magazine "six-pack" of Turaga (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Then stop holding on to it and sell it now, while there's still no possible competition from LEGO re-releasing the set. Or, wait until the sets are no longer being sold by LEGO again. It just means sitting on your investment a little longer. (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bionicle ships today in the US!

All, I know that some of you have had some questions about the availability of Bionicle in the US. We did launch Bionicle in the US this morning, as announced, but we have already sold through our initial allocations for three of the Toas and three (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

Thank you John Neal for bringing this up! If your into the hobby for pleasure, then that’s great! If you’re into the hobby for profit and profit alone, get out! These are TOYS were talking about (Although, some very valuable in nostalgic worth.) (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) (snip) (...) This is great news and I'm hoping that the move to (re)issue classic sets will continue after this initial run. I do hope that LEGO Direct will be offering less expensive sets in the future, though. If the prices are close to what (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) They won't be the same (different set numbers), but besides that, these are toys we are talking about, not investments. If someone takes a bath from using LEGO as an investment, well that's the breaks in a market.... (...) That's the whole (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

If TLC is reissuing old sets those selling old sets not be too happy (EI held onto a guarded in to sell it on ebay for mucho $, And then TLC rereleases it in 2001[1]) I will be happy cause hopefully I can get some old sets again. but a little (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes: We know that there is still (...) That was the only part I saw. "bring back more classic items". SPACE! SPACE! SPACE! PLEASE! (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) I think they just did. :) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Weeeell, let's give credit where it is actually due. I'm betting *Brad* is the one to thank here. You can thank "LEGO" (Billund) for juniorization and all of its other astute business moves and ventures. -John (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Koob" <jkoob@nospam.v-wave.com> (...) three (...) Island); (...) Gas n' (...) Not only those parts, but the "Window 1 x 2 x 2 & 2/3 with rounded top" arched windows in Yellow (RBR - 2) and Green (Armada (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Or an Akubra? Or how about a Dri-za-bone? Now THAT would be fashion. "Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:GDr9En.Dyv@lugnet.com... (...) --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system ((URL) (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Thank you Brad, and more importantly, thank you LEGO!!!! I am very pleased! Best wishes, -Aaron- (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Brad Justus wrote in message ... (...) two (...) Excellent news! Not only are some of these sets my favorite, but it's nice to know that some old and useful parts will be reissued. (i.e. the sloped white window frames and clear panes from the Octan (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) That kind of DOES beg the question, to all you completists out there (and I know, I know, complete is by definition what it means to *you*). Suppose you are a Pirate completist... (the three pirate sets have new numbers) If you already have (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) It sure is. ;-) And I swear someday I'll be castle complete - with or without TLC's help. ;-) -Shiri (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) I wonder if they chose large sets because the profit margin works better for a small number of expensive sets. However, if "set size" really is an issue, they could bundle together a few sets like sets 6041 (armour shop), 6040 (weaponsmith), (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) See? My point exactly. ;-) (...) Yes, true. But AFOLs would probably still buy multiple copies of the sets offered, maybe even if they already had one or two. (...) Oh, totally! Sets like 6086, 6081, 6074, even 6080... especially if sold (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Oh yes. This castle-pirate-and-space fan is thinking that the technic sets that he missed getting on their initial release look pretty tempting. :^) (...) My thought is simply that the people likely to buy these sets are the families who don't (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) I totally understand what you're saying, and yet - look at the response so far! "It's not exactly what I want, but I'll still probably buy acouple of sets" seems to be the general consensus. So if *this* is profitable for TLC (and I think it (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Dear Brad - please remember that since you are re-releasing relatively recent sets, the response may not be as vigorous as if you had released older sets. I hope that a lukewarm response to this round of releases won't stand in the way of (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Well heck, I'm sure people would be willing to go through a little of the "trouble", either for free (if someone's really nice) or for a nominal fee. If you can't find anyone else, feel free to "trouble" me. In fact, if a bunch of people from (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Yay! Not the sets I would have chosen, but I hope this trial balloon floats to TLC's liking and makes other stuff possible down the road! I am up for 2-3 of each of the above. (...) Right! Brad emailed me yesterday and spilled the beans on the (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) I hate to say this but, "me too!". Can't we at least get them shipped to (LEGO) Australia or something? Martin (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) This made my day! --Todd (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

I live in Australia where Shop at Home does not exist. Whats the best way of getting some of these sets? I don't want to trouble other people overseas to buy/package etc.. Finally in the last few years there's something I actually *WANT* to buy from (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

From the Pirates standpoint, anything is better than nothing. It would have been nice if the last pirates minifig pack came out along with this (that poor Armada Flagship is pretty thinly manned). Personally, I'd like to see a "Greatest Lego Sets (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made?

Um, how about a FUN contest, where we aren't asking LEGO to make a set for us. But, where we put something together, that all could make out of common pieces in their own collection and make the instructions available on Lugnet. Have a minifig with (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Wow! I can only say: my wife is going to kill me... (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

One question, if you don't mind, that I have is are these sets being called "LEGO Classics", or will they just be sold like normal Technic/City/Pirate sets? Will LEGO advertise at all that these are old sets coming back? (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Wow! This is great news! Can't wait to get another G&WE! I love to hear this! Let's hope that this does continue (Airport Shuttle anyone?). Thanks LEGO! (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Well, I for one think this the next best thing to peanut butter. Seeing as my son and I didn't get into the Lego world full force untill last summer we are both excited as can be to find out that we can possibly get some of the older sets in a (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Melody Brown" <black666beast@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GDr8EL.BJI@lugnet.com... (...) That is not a bad idea! How about a koala? -- Bryan (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

HA HA! I think this is funny after reading everyone's assumptions with how they think these sets came up, LOL, very funny indeed, but it's nice to know that they are indeed genuine articles and not some black market do up. What makes me mad is, YET (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Woohoo! I'll be ordering 1 of each, although I already own an 'original' Gas n' Wash Express. (...) <snipped reasoning behind these sets> I am glad to hear/read that this is again a 'global' release. (...) Nah, you've just given us other (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Brad & All, (...) Thank you so much for clarifying this, I am excited. A briliant move, BTW, to put it in different packaging and different numbers, as it does not disrupt the previous items. I hope that there will be more sets along other lines in (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Now this is way cool but without trying to sound negative why the "Radio Control Racer?". Seems like a very bizarre choice to me, I mean I can still find it one the shelves at several local Toy stores in Massachusetts where nothing seems to (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Woohoo = bring on the old castle sets! (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Brad, First off, thank you very much for getting back to the community with an official response about these sets. I'm really looking forward to these sets and I think it is another good feather in the Lego Direct cap. I'm sure the Lugnet community (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Thank you for the reply and let me emit a sign of relief. The way the conversation was running it sounded like I would have to ship the things from Germany, the cost of which would ruin the point. And while some people have said there are (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Is there a reasonable chance that is these sets sell well enough, older "classic sets" might also be re-issued? I would imagine the number of parts that would need to be re-tooled or replaced by other available pieces would be small in any (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Yes, yes, the rumors are true! We *will* be (re)issuing several "classic" sets later this year: three Pirates items (Red Beard Runner, Armada Flagship, and Enchanted Island); two Technic items (Pneumatic Front-End Loader and Forklift); the Octan Gas (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce) !!

  Re: (Brad Justus? Please respond)Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Well Aaron, I am in the UK and was just as excited as you, so I went to my local Lego retailer and they confirmed that they were aware of some special sets that are scheduled for release later this year. Although they did not have images the (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  (Brad Justus? Please respond)Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?

(...) Is LEGO really reissuing old sets? Can we expect an official answer? I can only assume that all information circulating is true as we should have heard from one of the LEGO representatives that seem to read and respond SO frequently here on (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

I know some German, I'll try to improve the translation here a bit. (...) Now you have the unique chance on 1000steine.de to preorder! (...) The sets from previous years are being reissued with fresh new designs (meaning the packages). (...) (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Set Reissures...are these for real?

Can any LEGO Direct people here confirm anything about these set reissues? Are they the real thing? If so, is it a global thing and is it something LEGO will be doing continually, or just these five? Thanks! (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

That's right -- Michael - - - Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Lugnet Member# 151 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lego Magazines from the Past and Present www.lugmag.com or www.lugmag.co.uk Home of (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) "obligatory without obligation" seemed a dead giveaway to me. :-) ++Lar (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

That's a babelfish translation, right? :-) -- Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde "Michael Edwards" <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message news:GDLu5p.ECu@lugnet.com... (...) purchase (...) - (...) - (...) it (...) set (...) I (...) popular. (...) missed (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

"The 8459 being release as 8464" can LD confirm this? This is what it said LEGO® Classics the TOP articles for LEGO® fan NOW use the unique chance on 1000steine.de for collective order! That are again presented the absolute racers of the letzen (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle Web Site Contest Tools Redux

One more thought: Though the contest is limited to four physical web pages, what would the ruling be on content delivered via framesets? Can I post one to four pages, but stuff extra info (but not more actual pages) into the site without being (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bionicle Web Site Contest Tools Redux

So...it's been a while now...has anyone received their Bionicle web site contest pack yet? I haven't, and the stuff hasn't been posted yet to the site. LEGO Bionicle team: If you see this, can you give us a new update on the availability of the (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Systems Announces New Chief as President

Bryan, I will gladly give the details, but right now I don't have the time, so stay tuned... Gary Istok (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

Richard, I couldn't have stated it any better than you in the way you lament our lack of basic building parts. You waxed poetically at the historic lack of parts available to the fans of their products. Ironically TLCs own set designers are also (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Creator set found

(...) I got it at KB for $25, and KB sells stuff for higher than MSRP as well, so $20 could be the real MSRP. (...) No idea, its pretty dumb. All it has is a cheap piece of cardboard to cover it. :\ Jeff (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Creator set found

Thanks, that has to be the one because I remember that it had a mail box. I think it is also the largest creator set. I wonder why Shopko is selling this set for $19.99 (reg), they usually charge retail or higher. Now I have to ask, why isn't there (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made?

(...) Agreed. TLC has a soft spot for the UN, I think. They let the UN do the refugee posters using minifig images, and they hardly ever let ANYONE use minifig images, even other charities. (not completely. but hardly ever) So they may well have (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) Well as I looked for this I found two places mentioning 'system' or 'system of play'. First was page twelve where it is mentioned that GKC came up with 'system of play' in or around 1954. Second mention is on page seventeen, KKK was mentioned (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made?

<snip> (...) <snip> NO LEGO LUGNET promo set PLEASE!! I agree 100%. Direct and bulk with wide availability is the direction I would rather see as they are infinitely more "core" to the LEGO product and goal of the toy. The gold is in the bricks and (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made?

(...) Even if that were the case, I'm pretty sure that that was some sort of exception, not the rule. (...) Exactly. Townies want vehicles, Castleheads want knights, Pirate fans want soldiers, etc etc. I wouldn't buy any of it. I just don't see the (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made?

Ah, but things have changed lately... BTW, the UN set supposedly only had 3000 made, right?... The new Bulk Sculptures are in plain B&W boxes... The pumpkin only had instructions online... So I would think that it would be relatively simple for LD (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I think it was GKC rather than KKK that came up with the idea of a "system of play." And I think it was part of the vision for LEGO way before the early '80s. Maybe even the '60s? I think I recall that from "The World of LEGO Toys." Just the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGO Mania magazine: questions and comments

I go the latest LEGO Mania magazine in the mail today. I have a few questions and comments about the magazine. I have always assumed that LEGO S@H produces this magazine. Is this true? Is someone at LEGO Direct responsible for the magazine's (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I don't have my copy of that book in front of me to confirm but this squares 100% with my memory of what it said as well. "system" is a great idea, incompletely realised as of yet... ++Lar (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) You're right, Larry! And you know how I hate it when that happens... =oP I had a co-worker, who shall remain nameless, who possesses this kind of short attention span. We had gone to TRU together a few times -- and while I always made for the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I am going from memory here, so bear with me (I will check my memory later against the source I am referring to). Earlier I had mentioned a book entitled "The Ultimate Lego Book" which was published by DK apparently with TLC's full cooperation (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I hope this discussion DOES continue, you guys have found a promising new line of analysis, I think! Jeff's description of a vicious circle in product development (moving more and more in the Jr direction as the effects of previous jrization (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I agree, and I had a sneaking feeling that if we compared notes we would find much congruence between our theories. Getting back to the topic of pirates, if, as you noted, Pirates sold so well at its introduction, and if, as I surmised, it (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact